Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Holidays and completed wedding tasks: r=.99

Go ahead, look up what "r" means. Or better yet, read here.

I am REALLY looking forward to the holidays this year! I love family gatherings and holidays in general, so this is not particularly news. However, since the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas, more specifically) also mark our longest periods of time spent in Maine, we are fitting in several wedding tasks to our time home before and after each holiday.

This weekend when we're not stuffing ourselves full of turkey and green bean casserole we will be taking photos for and creating our save-the-dates. And, though I never plan on any Black Friday deal snagging (I love saving a buck, but HATE throngs of people fighting over gifts), if we find ourselves within the vicinity of a craft store I may be unable to look the other way. Either during Thanksgiving break or Christmas break I am also hoping to secure the hair and/or makeup services of my childhood hair-cutter for the day of the wedding.

Over the Christmas break, we will be taking our engagement pictures! I had initially dreamed up photos of us in sweaters in an apple orchard, but since the first photographer cancelled we had to reschedule the appointment with our new photographer. We are hoping it snows in Maine before then so our engagement pictures are filled with snowball fights, rosy cheeks, and mittens rather than dead grass, dead trees, and frostbite. I am also secretly hoping my dress arrives before Christmas so that I can try it on and coordinate fittings with a hometown seamstress.

Finally, it looks like over Martin Luther King, Jr. Day weekend we might be doing our tastings for our menu!  We have been looking forward to this for a year now and it will be nice to choose the food. Currently we are  trying to narrow down our choices from which the chef will select a few options, and that is stressful enough!

This year in addition to friends, family, and overall happiness and healthiness, I am thankful for my teaching career and the short breaks it affords me this time of year to get wedding tasks done. And to work off the pie.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment