Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Laughing at myself

I consider myself to be a fairly practical person. I have my TLC marathons from time to time and can not stop biting my nails for the life of me, but I generally get what I need to do done before I have fun.

I also consider myself to be a somewhat very snarky person. Which means I laugh when people ask me seemingly unimportant questions or slyly comment when time could be better spent in meetings or presentations.

As it turns out, when I have made the major wedding decisions and start to plan the details, I throw practicality to the wind and spend absurd amounts of time considering decisions that will have little to no impact on the actual day. Then the snark kicks in and I laugh uproariously at my own ridiculousness. Picking pinks while watching David Tutera (I would make a hilarious, terrible wedding reality show) and laughing at myself, I'm a big ol' bucket of weird.

Without further ado, here are the VERY IMPORTANT things I have been deliberating for the wedding this week:

1.) What color bags should I get for containing the candy buffet treats? Black? White? Black & White?

2.) Which color pink paper best matches the "Petunia" color of the bridesmaid dress sashes? I'm not kidding. Here are the 4 different pinks I got in the mail today, surrounding the sash swatch. There may or more not be eight more pinks in the mail arriving in the next couple of days...

3.) Should the pink invitation mat be the full size of the invitation (6.25") or slightly less (~ 6 3/16")? As it turns out, it needs to be smaller.

Please, please laugh at me for spending time thinking about this stuff. In a couple of years I hope to look back on blog entries like these to remember the important things in life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment