Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shoes

Anybody remember that terrible "shoes" video of YouTube fame from a few years ago? It is, unfortunately, now running through my head. And yours, if you just looked it up. Sorry.

When  I was 17 and shopping for shoes to match my custom-made-by-MOH-Moxie pink prom dress, I bought shoes embarrassingly close to those on the top left in this photo:
Bound and determined to never give up my fascination with flip flops, I declared to my mother at the time that I would wear similar shoes on my wedding day. She responded with something along the lines of "You'd better not," and I smugly ignored her and dreamed of my sparkly, platform, eight dollar wedding shoes. 


In the almost nine years since, I've grown up a tad. When I tried on wedding dresses the David's Bridal lady had me pick out shoes and I snagged the lowest heels they had in Bigfoot my size. It turned out I liked the kitten heel height with the dress, though not that particular shoe, and I kept it in the back of my mind. Now eager to check off something easy on the "to-do for the wedding" list, I turned to Zappos and looked for the highest-rated kitten heel in white. About a hundred women had written reviews about a particular shoe's comfort and how they all wore them at their wedding with no pain, so I bought them. 

Here's what they look like: 











And on my feet...



And from the side...

I wore them around the house, and they do seem extremely comfortable. My only concern is whether my poor little pinky toes will get irritated from being cooped up in the band across the toes. Once I have tried them on with the dress to make sure they work I will once again deliberate about my toes' freedom.

Though it doesn't really matter. Because under my chair (for a quick change before dancing) will be these bad boys: 


Come on Mom, did you really think I had moved on completely?

No comments:

Post a Comment