Monday, September 17, 2012

A pointed conversation


Some of the difficult conversations Vader and I have shared so far in our wedding planning:

  • How much can we afford to spend on a wedding? 
  • What are our religious commitments (or non-commitments) to the wedding?
  • How many guests is too many? Who should be cut?
  • Are weapons as groomsmen gifts a bad idea?
...yes. You read that last one right. When Vader brought up the idea of personalized swords as gifts the other night over cocktails, I was 98% certain he was joking. So was he, until a Google search proved that swords are not hundreds of dollars apiece as I had originally hoped thought.

So now as we wait to progress in wedding plans over the next few months, I find myself Googling the distance to the nearest hospital from where we will be staying in Portland next summer, picturing bachelor party flesh wounds. 

I'm opening this one up to the peanut gallery. Swords: most epic gift ever or extraordinarily stupid? And more importantly, to my bridesmaids: will you ever forgive me for not matching Vader's plans and gifting you weaponry?

No comments:

Post a Comment