Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Girlishness

I believe I've mentioned this before, but I've got a crap ton of bridesmaids. Yes, it means the wedding party will be huge. No, it doesn't mean everybody I love ended up in the wedding party. Yes, it means finding bridesmaid dresses will be a pain in the ass.

This past weekend I ventured out to the lovely town of Dedham (strip malls and more strip malls) with two bridesmaids to have a first gander at Alfred Angelo bridesmaid dresses. I'm looking to select a few styles with the same fabric and length, then let each girl choose the dress they would most like to wear of those styles. This weekend I learned that bridesmaids Irish and Cupcake (I'm kind of into inventing names for people, so hope you don't mind them girls!) look good in everything AA makes in short chiffon dresses, but they managed to pick a few favorites. Their top choice was this one:


Just kidding! Sexy as they are, they went with something a bit less reflective. Both liked mainly halter dresses with slight bust ruching. Once I've had a chance to go shopping with more of the girls I might post some overall top picks, but for now I'll keep you all in suspense. 

With the hard work done, we then went shoe shopping. And clothes shopping. And ice cream shopping. It was a great day :)


A side note: I keep looking at Pinterest wedding ideas, and have so far decided I like candy buffets, s'more bars, and ice cream sundae stations. Do you think it would be a problem if we only served dessert at the wedding as long as there are copious amounts of all of it?

1 comment:

  1. ice cream!!!!!!!!! but keep the peanuts somewhere that they won't contaminate all of the other yummy toppings. Do not do what proctor did.

    ReplyDelete