Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Productivity

It turns out there's nothing like a storm day to get me moving on wedding crafts, and I got two! Due to Hurricane Sandy and power outages at school I have had a nice, relaxing couple of days at home to get caught up TV, fun books, and wedding-related projects. Here are the projects I've completed since Sunday:

1.) Table numbers! This was by far the most craft-intensive of the bunch, and thankfully Gauss* kept mostly out of the way as I laid paper, frames, and flashcards all over the floor.



2.) Chalkboards for use in our Save the Dates! This project really only involved writing three words and a date on two chalkboards, but it took me forever before I approved of my own handwriting on all of the boards. We're hoping that soon we'll actually get our Save the Dates ready to send...



3.) Candy Buffet labels! This spur-of-the-moment project was the result of several well-sized scraps of differently patterned paper I used for our table numbers. When we know what kinds of candy we will have I will fill each label in and attach a ribbon through both sides of each label to tie around the jars.



4.) Address List! This would not only be the world's most boring photo, I'd be handing out personal information of everybody we love. Use your imagination -- it's a Word document, full of addresses.

5.) Wedding share site! Again, super boring. Right now it's a Shutterfly site with a whole lot of stock photos of strangers since we have no pictures to upload yet. I'm excited for what it will look like next August, however!

I had so much fun making all of these crafts that I completely neglected my Halloween costume for school tomorrow, so my belted toga will be a clothesline-tied-shut tablecloth, but it was totally worth it! After 2 years of waiting, it's nice to feel like we are actually moving forward with wedding plans and crafts.


*Yep, our cat is named Gauss. Look him up to learn just how nerdy we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment